- Dwell Time
- Cost of Collection
- Union Budget
- Clarifications on levy imposed on jewellery
- RTI Information
- Online Services
- Guide for Travellers
- Vigilance Info
Customs (Fees for Rendering Services by Customs Officers) Regulations, 1998
Notification No.69/98-Cus. (N.T), dated 4-9-1998
In exercise of the powers conferred by section 157 and section 158 of the Customs Act, 1962 (52 of 1962) and in supersession of the Customs (Fees for Rendering Services by Customs Officers) Regulations, 1968, except as respects things done or omitted to be done before such supersession, the Central Board of Excise and Customs hereby makes the following Regulations, namely :-
1. Short title and commencement. -(1) These regulations may be called the Customs (Fees for Rendering Services by Customs Officers) Regulations, 1998.
(2) They shall come into force on the 15th October, 1998.
2. Definitions. -In these Regulations, unless the context otherwise requires -
(d) "Working hours" means the duty hours prescribed by the Commissioner of Customs in his jurisdiction for normal customs work and where different working hours have been prescribed by the said Commissioner for different items of customs work or for different places within his jurisdiction, such working hours.
3. Levy of fees for rendering of services. -(1) On a request made in that behalf by any person, a fee as given in the Table below shall be levied for rendering of services by the Customs Officers.
(2) The fees levied under sub-regulation (1) shall be payable by the person requesting for rendering of services or on whose account such services has been requested.
(3) The fees levied under sub-regulation (1) shall be subject to the following conditions, namely :-