- Dwell Time
- Cost of Collection
- Union Budget
- Clarifications on levy imposed on jewellery
- RTI Information
- Baggage Rules
- Online Services
- Guide for Travellers
- Vigilance Info
Government of India
Ministry of Finance
Department of Revenue
Central Board of Excise & Customs
North Block, New Delhi,
Dated, the 29th September, 2011
All Chief Commissioners/ Directors General under CBEC.
All the Commissioners in-charge of
Subject: APARs of IRS(C&CE) officers - Representations against gradings etc. - reg.
Attention is invited to Board's letter of even number dated 24.06.2010 whereby instructions alongwith format for writing of APAR upto the level of Commissioner of Customs & Central Excise were communicated to all field formations. In terms of these instructions, there will be a Referral Board consisting of the following to decide representations, if any, received from the officers concerned regarding grading, remarks etc., given in their APAR:-
2. Enquiries have been received as to the interpretation of jurisdictional Chief Commissioner / Commissioner mentioned in the composition of the Referral Board - whether the jurisdictional Chief Commissioner / Commissioner should be the Chief Commissioner / Commissioner under whom the officer is presently serving or the Chief Commissisoner / Commissioner who reported/reviewed his APAR.
3. The matter has been examined. It is felt that the Chief Commissioner under whom the officer is currently serving may be able to examine the issues raised in the representation in a more fair and objective manner, and is expected to be free of any bias. Further, the Chief Commissioner under whom the office had served during the period of reporting may not in certain cases be available for the Referral Board meetings for various reasons which may include his retirement, deputation or transfer to some other charge.
4. Accordingly, it is clarified that the term jurisdictional Chief Commissioner / Commissioner referred to in the composition of the Referral Board shall be the Chief Commissioner / Commissioner under whom the officer reported upon is currently serving.
5. It is further clarified that :-
(i) Jurisdictional Chief Commissioner/Jurisdictional Commissioner also means the jurisdictional Director General / Jurisdictional Additional Director General.
(ii) for considering the representation in ADC/JC grade where jurisdictional Head is the Director General, HRD, the other Member will be the Chief Commissioner of Central Excise, Delhi; and
(iii) for considering the representation in Deputy/Assistant Commissioner grade where there is no Commissioner(Appeals), Chairman of the Referral Board may co-opt any other officer of the level of Commissioner under his charge.
6. This may kindly be brought to the notice of all the Group 'A' officers under your chage.
( R. Sanehwal )