Notification No. 23/86-C.E., dated 10-2-1986 as amended by
Notifications No. 2/88-C.E. (N.T.), dated 25-1-1988; No.
2/92-C.E. (N.T.), dated 29-1-1992; No. 7/93-C.E. (N.T.),
dated 14-10-1993 and No. 15/96-C.E. (N.T.), dated 23-7-1996.
 Goods to which provisions of Chapter VIIA of the Central Excise Rules apply. - In exercise of the powers conferred by sub-rule (1) of rule 173A of the Central Excise Rules,1944, the Central Government hereby specifies all goods falling in the Schedule to the Central Excise Tariff Act,1985 (5 of 1986), other than those specified in the Table hereto annexed, to which the provisions of Chapter VI1-A of the said Rules shall apply.
(a) Cigarettes falling under Chapter 24.
THE TABLE1. No. 171/69-Central Excises, dated the 21st June, 1969
2. No. 121/70-Central Excises, dated the 28th May, 1970.
3. No. 179/71-Central Excises, dated the 23rd September, 1971.
4. No. 117/72-Central Excises, dated the 25th March, 1972.
5. No. 161/73-Central Excises, dated the 16th August, 1973.
6. No. 33/76-Central Excises, dated the 28th February, 1976.
7. No. 188/77-Central Excises, dated the 18th June, 1977.
8. No. 69/78-Central Excises, dated the 1st March, 1978.
9. No. 97/79-Central Excises, dated the 1st March, 1979.
10. No. 76/80-Central Excises, dated the 19th June, 1980.
11. No. 55/81-Central Excises, dated the 1st March, 1981.
12. No. 113/82-Central Excises, dated the 28th February, 1982.
13. No. 29/85-Central Excises, dated the 17th March, 1985. 2. This notification shall come into force on the 28th day of February, 1986.