Functions and structure of the Department of
The Department of Revenue is mainly responsible for the
following functions: -
- All matters relating to levy and collection of Direct
- All matters relating to levy and collection of Indirect
- Investigation into economic offences and enforcement of
- Framing of policy for cultivation, export and fixation
of price of Opium etc.
- Prevention and combating abuse of Narcotic drugs and
psychotropic substances and illicit traffic therein.
- Enforcement of FEMA and recommendation of detention
- Work relating to forfeiture of property under Smugglers
and Foreign Exchange Manipulators (Forfeiture of Property) Act,
1976 and Narcotics Drugs and Psychotropic Substances Act, 1985.
- Levy of taxes on sales in the course of inter-state
trade or commerce.
- Matters relating to consolidation/reduction/exemption
from payment of Stamp duty under Indian Stamp Act, 1899.
- Residual work of Gold Control
- Matters relating to CESTAT.
- Cadre Control of IRS (Group-A) and IRS (C&CE)